Winter Wellness Warrior
Did you know that you can take action to beat the winter blues by building up your immune system increasing your resilience and well-being?
It’s all about having a winter tool kit that you can draw from to beat those pesky cold n flu symptoms you may be experiencing or to work on preventing illness in the first place!
Let’s take a look at 3 top ways to beat a sore throat this Winter.
– Olive leaf liquid extract
– Colloidal silver throat spray targeted at the back of the throat
– Mix warm water with a pinch of sea salt and gargle several times daily to soothe a sore throat
Let’s check out a great winter tool kit to help you withstand those winter lurgies!
– Nourish your body with hearty bone broth, soups and winter stews during the colder months to ensure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals you need
– Reduce stress by participating in regular exercise (your natural stress release valve!), participating in meditation, regular time out, green time (walking outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine, playing with pets)
– Sleep – aim for 7-8 hours to rejuvenate your body and increase resilience
– Fill your plate with a rainbow of colours – aim for 3 cups of fresh vegetables daily and two serves of fruit daily
– Regularly wash your hands with warm water and soap. Consider using a natural anti-bacterial hand wash
So now you have the basics in place what else can you do to stay well?
Consider taking a hearty herbal immune tonic to re-build that weak immune system and protect you from becoming sick again. Speak to your practitioner about preparing a mix that is right for your needs.
Marvellous medicinal mushrooms are a fantastic way to treat current illness and also build up your own natural immune defences. For example, Cordyceps, Coriolus, Shiitake and Reishi are four of the most widely researched and clinically proven mushrooms in the world, known to enhance the immune system and may help to resolve chronic illness and/or recurrent infectious conditions. What’s more mushrooms can help with clearing upper respiratory tract infections and mucous congestion. Speak to your practitioner for more information.
No Need to Hibernate
There is no need to experience ongoing or recurrent illness hibernating at home during the winter months. Take control of your health today by modifying your diet and lifestyle and speak to your practitioner about specific strategies you can use to thrive this winter.
Written by Fleur Price Naturopath & Nutritionist